How to Make Tea Infused Butter
- Melt ½ cup of butter in a saucepan.
- Add the jasmine tea leaves and heat the mixture for 5 minutes. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Allow the butter to cool. The tea leaves should impart a tint to the butter.
- Pour the melted butter in a cup through a sieve. Squeeze out extra butter from the leaves.
For the Cake
- Preheat the oven to 280°C.
- Make a batter out of flour, baking powder, eggs and milk in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix the tea infused butter, sugar and vanilla extract.
- Mix the ingredients of the two bowls and stir.
- Pour into a greased round pan and bake for 25 minutes until the color of cake is golden brown.
The key to including tea in your cake is infusing the tea leaves with butter and cooking it. If you do it right, the tea leaves will impart their flavor and color to the melted butter. So make sure you have more butter than what the recipe demands.