- Bring the water to a boil in a saucepan and cool for a few minutes.
- Stir in sugar and put the tea bags/leaves into the saucepan.
- Steep for 10 minutes.
- Using a strainer, separate the tea leaves and pour the tea into a pitcher.
- Add the fresh lemon juice and refrigerate until chilled.
- Serve with ice cubes, a lemon wedge and mint leaves.
You can also garnish with cinnamon sticks.
You can also make this iced tea with green tea and honey. Here is a variation to this recipe.
- In a saucepan, boil water with tea bags and honey.
- Turn off the heat and allow to cool for a few minutes.
- Add mint sprigs and steep for 15 minutes.
- Remove the tea bags or strain the tea leaves using a strainer.
- Pour into a pitcher and refrigerate until chilled.
- Serve with ice cubes and lemon slices.