Little do most people know that green tea has been popular for almost 1000 years, if not more. Its popularity is largely thanks to the immense number of benefits. Green tea’s benefits are almost immeasurable. From improving your skin complexion to treating headaches and depression, green tea is the one stop treatment for variety of conditions.
Its near to impossible to list out all the benefits of green tea in a single page, so, we are going to list out the benefits of green tea for skin here.
For skin benefits, this miracle tea can be used in two ways; you can either drink it or use green tea externally as a lotion or face-pack.
Some proven skin benefits of green tea and the protection offered are mentioned below, along with the uses.
Green tea provide glow to the skin
Different kinds of toxins, scars and blemishes in the skin can take away your skin’s natural glow. Inflammation is another problem that can make your skin lifeless.
Luckily for you, green tea can take care of all of this. Green tea facemask is exponentially helpful in taking care of all these skin deteriorating problems. The facemask made from green tea can help in skin rejuvenation and even improve elasticity of the skin. 
Procedure to make the green tea facemask
- Put the contents of 2 used green tea bags in a bowl.
- Add 2 teaspoons of raw honey on top of it and add little lemon juice. Let everything mix.
- Apply this mixture on your face, and let it sit for around 10 minutes.
- While rinsing it off, make sure to use lukewarm water.
- You will receive best results using the facemask regularly, at least once a week.
Green tea reduces sun damage
The most important catechin found in green tea, Epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG), and other antioxidants found in green tea offers protection against damage induced by harmful UV radiation emitted by the sun. [2, 3]
It has been found that drinking green tea can actually help reducing the effects of ultraviolet radiation. 
Procedure to get rid of sun damage with green tea
- Dip a bag of green tea in hot water for around 3 to 5 minutes.
- Apply the water on the affected areas using a cotton ball twice a day.
Green tea reduces inflammatory reaction on face
Excessive oil secretion in skin jams up your skin pores and causes inflammation and acne. EGCG in green tea balances oil in skin and helps preventing inflammatory conditions like acne. 
How to reduce inflammatory reaction on face with green tea?
- Boil ½ cup of water in a kettle.
- Pour the water into a bowl and steep two green tea bags in it.
- Once the water cools, wash your face with the water.
Green tea delays the signs of aging
Anti oxidant and anti-ageing benefits of green tea can prevent ageing signs of skin. Such signs include sun damage, wrinkles, fine lines, spots and sagging skin. The green tea solution works by neutralizing the harmful free radicals of the skin.
According to a research conducted at the Medical College of Georgia, EGCG can rejuvenate dying skin cells. 
How to use green to delay the signs of agin?
- Add 3 tablespoons of plain yogurt in a bowl and mix it with a tbsp of green tea leaves and a pinch of turmeric powder.
- Apply it on your face and/or skin and let it sit for roughly 20 minutes. Don’t rinse off with cold water, use lukewarm water.
Green tea reduces dark circles under your eyes
Say goodbye to those dark circles under your eyes!
There are very few limitations to green tea. Antioxidants and tannins in green tea can even be used to take care of dark circles and puffy eyes. Green tea solution works by soothing the blood vessels underneath the delicate skin, such as skin around the eyes. This helps to reduce swelling and puffiness.
Dark circles are taken care of by the Vitamin K present in green tea. 
How to reduce dark circles with green tea?
- Chill 2 used green tea bags in the refrigerator for around 30 minutes.
- Close your eyes and place the bags on your eyelids.
- Just let it sit for around 15 minutes. You will need to do this remedy twice a day.
Green tea treats pimples and acne
Green tea can be as effective as antibiotic skin creams in reducing acne. In fact, green tea cream is as effective as 4% benzoyl peroxide in reducing acne.
Hormonal imbalance and bacterial infection are the major causes of pimples and acne. Catechins, anti-bacterial agents in green tea, help by inhibiting bacteria, and also help to regulate hormonal balance.
EGCG plays a major role in acne treatment by reducing inflammatory response, maintaining IGF-1 levels and reducing sebum production. Also, inflammation and redness caused by acne are also taken care by the anti-inflammatory properties in green tea. 
How to reduce acne with green tea?
Drinking three to five cups of green tea in a day will help you treat acne quickly.
You can also use green tea topically.
- Mix half cup of water with half cup of freshly brewed green tea.
- Apply this solution onto your skin with a cotton ball, and let it stay for roughly 15 minutes before rinsing it off with cool water.
- You will need to use this twice a day for maximum effects.
Green tea exfoliates skin
As a living breathing person, it’s almost impossible to protect ourselves from dirt, dust and other impurities. The dead skin cells that keep residing on our body, if not removed, also affect our skin’s inner beauty.
Green tea can also be used as a scrub to exfoliate our skin, getting rid of all harmful impurities. 
Procedure to make green tea scrub
- Put a tablespoon of dried green tea, half cup of extra-virgin olive oil, double tablespoons of raw honey and a cup of sugar into a bowl and mix them together. Rub this mixture on your skin (face and/or body) in circular motions.
- Use lukewarm water to rinse it off after a while.
- Brew a green tea. Only use 1/3 cup of water and a green tea bag.
- Let the tea cool in a bowl and add 2 tablespoons of sugar in it. The mixture shouldn’t be runny anymore, but if it is, add more sugar.
- Use the mixture 1 or 2 times every week for best results.
Green tea sooths skin after shaving
Using extract of green tea topically can help in healing wounds of second degree burns. Thus, green tea can be used as an after shave to soothe skin from blade burns. 
How to sooth skin after shaving with green tea?
- Keep a bag of green tea in boiling water for about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Squeeze the tea bag to rid excess fluid.
- Apply on skin after shaving.
Green tea reduces oil secretion
Over production of oil (sebum) is the reason behind many skin problems.
Regular intake of green tea can reduce excess production of oil and studies show that green tea extract can reduce oil secretion by 70% in 8 weeks. 
How to reduce oil secretion with green tea?
- Brew a cup of green tea.
- Add a teaspoon of honey and lemon juice in it.
- Applying this solution every day will help you lessen oil discharge on your skin.
Green tea works as a skin toner
A healthy skin requires extreme amount of care and treatment. Green tea acts as a fascinating natural treatment to draw out impurities, reduce open pores, and keep your skin hydrated. In short, applying green tea will help you tone your skin. 
How to use green tea as a skin toner?
- Make 2 cups of green tea and let it stay until cooled.
- Add few drops of essential oil (of your choice) into your tea.
- Apply thus formed liquid on your face/skin with a cotton ball, or put it in a clean spray can and spray it.
- Apply it every day (twice if possible) to get the best results.
This remedy also helps in treatment of skin inflammation and skin conditions like psoriasis and rosacea.