In this busy world, people are so hooked on to caffeine that the obsession has overshadowed its health hazards.
Caffeine, if taken in appropriate amount, has several benefits on your health. And a safer way to consume right amount of caffeine is by drinking Green Tea.
The amount of caffeine in green tea is significantly less than that in coffee; yet enough to produce the same effect (without any harm).
Replace your everyday cups of coffee / tea by green tea and reduce your caffeine intake by almost 70-75%.
Benefits of Caffeine
- A research conducted in Japan showed that anti-oxidants present in caffeine increases memory and concentration capability.
- According to the Journal of Applied Physiology, intake of caffeine accompanied with carbs replenishes glycogen concentration in muscle quickly after exercises.
- Caffeine is known for its pain reducing qualities. In fact, pain killers such as Excedrin and Anacin have caffeine as a main ingredient.
However, discontinuing the habit of taking caffeine everyday might result in headache and other muscle pains.
- A study conducted at the University of Georgia concluded that moderate dose of caffeine can reduce post-workout pain by almost 48%.
- A study conducted at The University of Texas Medical School proved that men who consume as little as 85 mg of caffeine in a day had lower risk of developing ED (erectile dysfunction).
- A study published in The American Journal of Medicine showed that women who consumed caffeine on regular basis reported lowest incidences of tinnitus. The study, which commenced in 1991, followed over 65,000 nurses.
- A group of scientists at the Florida Alzheimer's Disease Research Center found that caffeine helps ward-off the progressive mental deterioration.
During the research, a group of aged mice with developing symptoms of Alzheimer's were given caffeine every day. The amount of caffeine was equivalent to that present in a five cups of coffee. As a result, issues such as memory impairment were reversed.
Studies have also found that intake of caffeine through green tea helps fighting against Parkinson’s disease, the second most common neurodegenerative disease.
- A research conducted on 910 people affected with chronic HCV infection showed that regular intake of caffeine as less as 100 mg decreased risk of further development of hepatic fibrosis. The study included majority of male patients (97.6%).
- A study conducted on a mass of people (217,883) concluded that few people who consumed caffeine suffered from kidney stone as compared to those who did not consume caffeine. The researchers believe that it was because of the urine diluting property of caffeine.
- A journal published in the U.S. National Library of Medicine showed that caffeine helps in opening airways, making it easier for asthmatics to breathe.
- A research conducted in Germany showed that people participating in weight loss programs without consuming caffeine were not successful at keeping weight off for a long time. But, those who consumed caffeine on a regular basis were more likely to prevent weight gain.
Why to intake caffeine through green tea?
All caffeinated drinks wake you up but green tea does more than just keeping you awake. It keeps you healthy and makes you smarter.
It is because green tea does not only contain caffeine but an additional substance called L-theanine (a form of amino acid). Combination of caffeine and L-theanine works synergistically to improve overall brain function (including mood, focus and alertness).